Friday, October 3, 2008

Gravity Rides Everything.

Moral conundrum for the day: is it wrong to benefit off other people's stupidity? I mean, if I can see Public Enemy play with the Jungle Brothers on New Year's Day at a venue with a capacity of only about a thousand, and only pay seventy dollars for it, there must be something immoral going on, right? People are obviously too stupid to create the demand to see two of the best hip hop groups of all time, and part of me feels like it's wrong to take advantage of that. I feel somewhat compelled to mount an education campaign extolling the virtues of these two bona fide legends, especially in contrast to summerdaze or the falls or whatever other shitty festival is going on at that time, to offset the unbelievable bargain that has been bestowed upon me. I mean, I probably won't. But I will feel a little bad.

1 comment:

nat said...

Let me get this straight. You are feeling bad because you feel that "market-forces" are out of wiggidy-wiggidy-whack! I guess this is anarchist guilt.