Saturday, March 21, 2009

As Stolen Cars Pass Through The Night.

So yeah, it has been a while. The problem with most blogs with a cycling emphasis is that when the weather is fine the time between posts grows and grows. Ladies and gentlemen - and in particular, those reading overseas - the weather has been fine indeed.

I've been riding a lot, and even training for riding. This has had some okay outcomes, in that I've won a few races. I can't say this in itself bothers me particularly - in fact, my results sheet is starting to look quite nice (thanks for asking). What bothers me, however, is that most - if not all - of these significant wins should probably have asterisks behind them. In last night's Trackolympics Alleycat, for example, I only really took the prize after cracking the shits about a checkpoint not being at the assigned place when I arrived. And at the Bendigo Madison, I only scored the first in the E grade scratch race after riding semi-(il)legally on the duckboards, eventually forcing the guy in front of me out of the sprinter's lane and out of contention.

I could go on, but really, the more I do, the less it worries me. I like to win, but I also like stories. And if every asterisk has a decent story attached, I'd be pretty happy with that.

1 comment:

vegan pulse said...

and for those who weren't there today (sun 22nd march) >>>>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/3374730390_441177df04.jpg
[photo: andrew blake]