Tuesday, January 12, 2010

If I Could Walk, I'd Be A Miner.

I've been having some trouble with my hips lately, perhaps due to the aforementioned attempts to 'go harder', and as such called up Dom to make an appointment. Instead of asking me what time I was available, however, he asked me if I ever caught the bus to work along Bell St.

"Yeah, why?" I replied.
"Because I saw you walking. And mate, your walk is fucked!"

In the consequent appointment he told me that I wasn't ever locking out my knee, which means I load up the joint and throw my hips and back out. That slouchy teenage insouciance was coming back to get me. So now I have to re-learn how to walk. Which is totally fucking hard! Imagine trying to alter something you have done thousands of times a day for thirty years. Having to think consciously about something you've been able to do subconsciously all your life. Overcorrecting, in the hope that when you stop thinking about it you'll fall back into the correct gait. Looking stupid in the meantime. Looking something like this.

3 comments:

georgiarose said...

oh how i love the silly walk!!
hope you work it out soon BJ!!
peace.

Anonymous said...

if your walk is anything like John Cleese's, i say keep it. My ribs hurt.

Unknown said...

walking is for paedophiles..