Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Like To Party Fucking Hard!

This season coming will be my third road season. This year I'm aiming for about 25 days of racing, including combine races and opens. A majority of those days will be wet, cold (I'm talking single figure temperatures), windy and otherwise brutal. At least one of those days it will be snowing - probably the day I volunteer to be a corner marshal. I will take a wrong turn at least once (most likely on a right turn - I'm a track rider, I get confused when turning right...) and ride a long way in the opposite direction until realizing my mistake. I will win races very rarely - not because I'm crap, but because in road racing your opportunities are very limited. I will be beaten by people both significantly younger and significantly older than me. In most races I will lose all feeling in my fingers and toes. I will be relegated or fined at least once for crossing the centre line. I will get changed in the back of my car more often than I care to remember. I'll eat breakfast from the service station next to Calder Park Raceway at least once, and regret it immediately. I'll rediscover which inner-city cafes are open after four on Saturdays.

And then, a little before the end of the season, I'll swear I'm only going to race track from now on.

So, am I looking forward to road season? Oh, hell yeah.

No comments: