Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Whole World.

500th post / 5th year. This blog started off being a collection of stories about me going to punk rock shows, and would cause controversy every time I said anything bad about a band. Then, somewhere in the middle of 2008, I started riding bikes competitively, and wanted to write more about the experience. Instead of starting a new blog I just changed the byline on this one and continued on my merry way. A few years later, perhaps in acknowledgement of my increasing years, I changed the title and the URL, swapping the name of a Submission Hold song for the name of a Springsteen song. Right now I'm considering quitting competitive cycling, and am wondering in which direction this blog will then take. I think I'd like to keep writing about cycling, but I'm not really sure how. I have a feeling that I'll start out trying to write race reports, but that they too will end up being more like stories of me going to bike races. And that'll be a nice conclusion, a coming full circle. I'd also like to do more interviews, like this one, because I kinda enjoy them, and like hearing what my friends think about this stupid life that means so much to us and so little to everyone else. Other than that, well, I'm open to suggestion.

Anyways, happy 500th to me.

3 comments:

Mel said...

You're still Source of Fuck in my RSS, Brendan…

nexus said...

Happy 500th!

You should do some personal interviews with the foa riders!

Failing that, you could always take up fencing and post about that.

nexus said...

So will you be adding rizorz to the Bundy now that's it's going to be a street fixay?