Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Clock On The Silos.








Today was a pretty good day. As such, I don't have much to write about.  But I am going down to DISC tonight to race in the Northcote 50k points challenge thing. I reckon about 48 of those kilometres are going to royally suck, so I'll probably have something to write about immediately afterwards. It'll be a grateful post about the guys who took it easy on me for eight laps.

I am, however, starting to come up with a plan for getting kinda fit again. It's the kind of plan I've much derided in the past, geared as it is towards getting fit, rather than fast. There's not much targeted improvement in this plan, just racing, motorpace training when possible, and a decent ride on the weekend. I'm not going to win any big races with this plan, but there's a chance that after a couple of months I'll be able to hold on in races like the one tonight. If that turns out to be the case, and my body hasn't packed it in again, that's when I'll start thinking about riding my bike more seriously again. Until then, it's purely fun times on the bike with the guys I like to ride against. For the time being, that's all I care about.

No comments: